US Citizen Travel Grant Application
AIBS can provide funding for conference travel for the presentation of papers or organization of panels that include topics relevant to Bangladesh Studies at scholarly conferences.
AIBS can provide up to $600 for travel to conferences within the United States. Due to funding restrictions, international conference travel is not supported at this time. AIBS travel grants are capped at one per person per year with preference given to individuals who have not received a travel grant in the previous two years.
Travel will be reimbursed through receipts—recipients of AIBS travel grants must present receipts for up to $600 in order to be reimbursed.
Eligibility and Criteria:
- Must be affiliated with a US academic institution, regardless of US Citizenship status (note: limited funding available for non-US citizens).
- Must be an AIBS Individual Member or be affiliated with an AIBS Institutional Member
- Capped to one per person per year
- Preference to those who have not received a travel grant in the previous two years
- Ongoing application process
A complete application for this travel grant consists of the following:
- Online form completed successfully
- E-mail or PDF evidence of your paper having been accepted,
- Letter of support from a faculty advisor (students only)
Evidence of paper acceptance and the letter of support should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Prior to accepting a travel grant, applicants will need to be an AIBS Individual Member. Find out more about becoming an AIBS member.
*Please note that you must complete and submit the application in one sitting. You may want to review the questions below and prepare your answers in advance.